April 20 – 23, 2023
Deadline for material submission is April 7th, 2023.
Theatre Salina will be hosting the AACT Festival for Region V, which includes theatres from Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota. It will consist of performances by theatres within the region and a series of workshops.
To register with Theatre Salina Click here.
At each level, each company must provide the following to the Festival Chair before
the festival begins. The Festival Chair should provide companies a deadline for the
- Warranty of permission to perform the property from the leasing agent and/or
author, and warranty of permission to perform the property as cut or altered;
warranty that the theatre has obtained all other necessary rights (Form T2). It
is wise to obtain performance permission for all three levels prior to the state
- Festival Entry/Information Sheet (Form T1).
- Four scripts marked as intended to be performed. Do not photocopy any
scripts without proper permission from the playwright or publisher. Additional
scripts may be required for interpreters or other personnel, but only with
sufficient notice to the company. Note: Because of the addition of an
alternate adjudicator, five scripts will be required for the National festival.
- Entry and registration fees as required by specific festivals.
- Affidavit of AACTFest Eligibility for each actor (Form T3).
- Technical Information Form (Forms T4 a, b). Companies advancing to
regional and the national festival must re-submit Forms T4 a & b, reflecting
any corrections and/or changes, to the AACT office for the next festival chair,
or for the the national festival to the national festival liaison.
- Program information as requested by the festival.
- Proof of membership in state/regional associations and any other local
applicable fees as required by the particular festival.
- A non-AACT member theatre must pay a festival fee equal to the amount of
the lowest AACT Organizational membership made payable to AACT (prior to
state festival only or at the time of appointment). This fee is waived for AACT
members. Organizational membership in AACT is required at the regional
level; the festival fee paid at the state festival may be applied to AACT
membership during the membership year in which paid. The festival fee is
not required for showcase productions that are ineligible to proceed.
Failure to comply with the AACTFest rules are grounds for disqualification. If there
are questions, they may be addressed to the Festival Commissioner or the Festival
Commission Chair at any time. During the festival, the rulings of the Festival
Commissioner are final.
Visit the AACT website, for updated rules and information: https://aact.org/festival-handbook
303 E. Iron Ave.
Salina, KS 67401
785-827-6126 ext. 221
Technical Director & Scenic Designer
303 E. Iron Ave.
Salina, KS 67401
785-827-6126 ext. 233
Room Blocks at a group rate are reserved at
Homewood Suites by Hilton Salina Downtown and the Hilton Garden Inn.
Information for Homewood Suites
- The group code is “SCT”
- Call The hotel at 785-515-2600 and speak to quest services and provide them with the group code.
- Or visit the website. There you can enter the stay (good for the night of April 20th-23rd, 2023). Click the box labeled “Special Rates”. On the box highlighted group code enter SCT. Click check room rates and select room type and enter your information.