Salina Community Theatre provides a wide variety of high quality costumes at an affordable price. We specialize in working with other Community Theatres and high schools, but are happy to accommodate individuals whenever possible.
For more infomation about costume rentals contact Jenn Morris.
Do you love costumes? Have a way with fabric? Then we’d love to have your help in the SCT Costume Shop. There are lots of ways to volunteer, from sewing and designing from a show’s inception, to being involved during the production as a costume supervisor or as a member of the costume run crew.
For more information, contact Jenn Morris.
Our Costume Shop is one houses thousands of costume pieces. If you’d like to see our collection, schedule a tour by contacting Jenn Morris.
Thank you for considering a donation to our costume collection.
Salina Community Theatre is always accepting clothing, hats, shoes, wigs, jewelry, and accessories from individuals, organizations, vintage stores, and other theatre companies. We generally look for vintage clothing and designer clothing or costumes designed for stage, starting from Grecian or Roman times up to the 1980s. It can be day wear, evening wear, outerwear, accessories, etc. for men, women, or children. We also accept donations of vintage fabric, patterns, and notions.
Please call SCT first to discuss your donation with the Costume Designer and make an appointment to drop off your donation, if necessary. An initial determination will be made about whether your donation is in accordance with our needs. If we conclude that SCT cannot use your item, we can direct you to other organizations in our area who may benefit from your donation.
The following criteria will be measured when we consider donations:
- Is the item consistent with our needs (even if the clothing meets all other criteria, if we have an extensive collection of a certain item, we may not be accepting donations in that area)?
- Is the item clean and free of tears and stains?
- Is the item in a condition in which we can use it in our productions? From time to time, if an item is historical in nature and cannot be worn, we can use it as a pattern.
- Items that we do not accept include:
- Sweatshirts or sweatpants
- Items with business logos
- Infant clothing
- Items that have irreparable damage or are deteriorating and cannot be used as a pattern.
Although the IRS and Salina Community Theatre’s policy prohibit us from appraising donations, they are tax deductible and you may ask for a donation receipt.
If you have questions regarding costume donations or rentals, please contact Jenn Morris.