Another year of local ‘celebrity’ dancing is in the books, and Scott Owings and his partner Kati Komarek (pictured at left) were the winners of the coveted Mirror Ball Trophy! Congratulations to Scott and Kati — this is Kati’s third win!
With attendance of almost 300, this was a fun and eventful fundraising night for Salina Community Theatre. We were happy to see DWSS alumni joining us. Liz Lee Catering provided delicious food and — of course — the open bar was hopping. Special thanks and appreciation to Great Plains Manufacturing for being our corporate sponsor for this event!
Auction bidders were treated a host of terrific packages, including:
- Two trips to NYC with tickets for Tuck Everlasting — including a back-stage tour from Salina native and Tuck lyrics writer, Nathan Tysen
- Dinner for 10 at Tom & Katie Platten’s
- Dinner for 8 at the newly restored Wealtha Building in downtown Salina
- A Chicago trip including Wrigley Field seats
- A Sonoma trip (Napa Valley)
Raffle winners were:
- Jenn & Josh Morris won the $200 Blue Skye gift certificate
- Kelly Leister won the Obagi Nu-Derm Trial Kit valued at $250, donated by Salina Surgical Arts
- Aaron Morrison won the Wine Basket & Wine Cooler valued at $450, donated by Brooks Liquor and Lowe’s
- Kate Bycroft won the blue/champagne diamond necklace valued at $1,250, donated by Vernon Jewelers
- Mike Matteucci won the 50/50 raffle and took home $235 in cash
$11,125 was raised for purchasing new house lights for SCT’s Kephart Theatre. Mark your calendars for next years’s DWSS. The action takes place on March 3, 2017!